With huge ambition and potential, Latin America has an exceptional opportunity to become a global clean hydrogen powerhouse.
— Ricardo Junqueira, New Business Director, GoVerde
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM, October 25, 2023 /EINPresswire.com/ — A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed by Brazil’s Ceara state government and GoVerde Energia & Apollo Asset with the aim to produce solar energy and green ammonia at the port of Pecem.
With the expected investment of BRL 3 billion (USD 597.6m/EUR 562m), the project will be implemented in the state’s Pecem Industrial and Port Complex (CIPP), which the government plans to turn into a green hydrogen hub.
GoVerde’s New Business Director, Ricardo Junqueira estimates that the planned facility will be capable of producing 40 tonnes per day of green ammonia in the first phase of the project, with another 250 tonnes in the second and another 200 tonnes in the third phase.
With huge ambition and potential, Latin America has an exceptional opportunity to become a global clean hydrogen powerhouse. Clean hydrogen roadmaps have been announced along with an ever-increasing number of projects, both large and small. With ample sun, wind and in some regions, hydro, Latin America can offer affordable clean energy which in turn can offer affordable clean hydrogen.
World Hydrogen Latin America returns for its 2nd annual conference, on December 12-14, 2023
Bringing together over 400 hydrogen experts and professionals, World Hydrogen Latin America explores the biggest challenges and opportunities in the region including:
• Policy, permitting, regulations and certifications for different types of hydrogen
• Discover how to generate local demand and guarantee offtake agreements domestically and internationally
• Scaling-up to giga scale projects for export
• Hydrogen storage and distribution strategies
Delivering pioneering content, interactive training and unique networking opportunities, at World Hydrogen Latin America you will hear from over 100 industry expert speakers including:
• Paulo Emílio de Miranda, Presidente, Brazilian Hydrogen Association
• Diego Pardow Lorenzo, Minister of Energy, Ministry of Energy Chile
• Walter Verri, Deputy Minister of Industry, Energy and Mining of Uruguay, Ministry of Industry, Energy and Mining
• Diep Nguyen-van Houtte, Senior Manager & Chief Operating Officer, International Finance Corporation
• Rosilena Lindo Riggs, Deputy Secretary of Energy, Secretary of Energy of Panama
• Janina Franco, Senior Energy Specialist, World Bank
• Marcia Maynard, Vice President, Sustainable Energy Development, National Energy Corporation of Trinidad and Tobago Limited
• Carla Primavera, Superintendent – Energy Division, BNDES
• Felipe Diaz, Chief Representative SMBC Chile – Latin America Division, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
• Adriana Martin, Executive Director of Innovation and Digital Transformation, Port of Suape
• Luis Sarras, Green Hydrogen Managing Director, International Business, AES Corporation
• Maria Jose Navajas Dominguez, Regional Director – Corfo Magallanes & Chilean Antarctica, CORFO
• Natalia Castilhos, Clean Energy – Latin America, BloombergNEF
• Clara Bowman, Chief Operating Officer, HIF Global
• Emanuel Ramírez, Hydrogen Technical Coordinator, FENOGE
Why World Hydrogen Latin America is the LATAM hydrogen event to attend:
• The event will bring together industry experts from the southern cone of the continent to northern parts of central America including the Caribbean and Mexico.
• Your chance to hear from industry thought-leaders to learn about the latest hydrogen updates & projects in the region and discover tech innovations globally.
• Your opportunity to network with decision makers, projects developers, public sector and more!
• Participate in interactive masterclass sessions and gain more knowledge on specific topics including reducing investment risk, hydrogen derivatives and certification.
Get involved with World Hydrogen Latin America and get in touch with our team today!
See you in Chile. #WHLATAM #WHL
For more information about World Hydrogen Latin America:
Contact: Alex Sanchez – Marketing Manager
Event dates: December 12-14, 2023
Event location: Sheraton Santiago Hotel & Convention Center, Santiago, Chile
Organisers: World Hydrogen Leaders, part of Green Power Global
Email: [email protected]